NSG Portal Usage Metrics
The metrics of success for the NSG is based on the following quantifiable data and these are collected via user survey, user forums, and allocation usage analysis.
- Number of publications that credit NSG for their simulations
- Total number of users using the NSG
- Number of new users registering at the NSG portal every quarter
- Number of user jobs recorded per quarter
- Total amount of computer time consumed on HPC resources per quarter by NSG users
- Number of classes and tutorial that use NSG
NSG has been in production since Dec 2012. The usage statistics from July 2013 -July 2014 are shown below.
A SU refer to a service unit which is one hour of computing time on 1 CPU of a HPC system (in this case on the
Trestles HPC machine at SDSC).
A job refer to a simulation run using certain number of cores of a HPC machine. Job size
refers to the number of cores that were used to run a job.